Mollie Checkout is a collection of hosted payment pages that allow your customers to pick payment methods or view payment details for various methods. Using Mollie Checkout is optional but recommended.
For more information, visit our product page on Mollie Checkout.
Benefits of payments via the Mollie Checkout¶
- Mollie’s hosted payment pages are suitable for web, smartphones and tablets.
- All payment methods you have enabled are – when relevant – shown to your customers. A newly activated payment method is available immediately for all of your visitors.
- If the customer’s first choice of payment method is not successful, it’s very easy for the customer to select and try another one. If a customer appears to not have sufficient credit on a checking account a retry by credit card could easily be attempted. We handle this for you without asking you to implement any extra APIs.
- Full support for QR codes.
- Full support for wallets such as Apple Pay.
- Mollie optimizes the order of payment methods. For Dutch customers we know to list iDEAL at the top while for Belgians we start off with the payment method Bancontact. A lot of effort goes into this and we optimize this using A/B-testing. This way we improve your conversion without your effort.
Personalize your checkout¶
It is possible to customize the checkout by adding your own brand images. You can upload a logo and a wallpaper. The example below shows a fully branded checkout page.
- Go to your Profiles.
- Click on a Personalize Checkout button.
- Upload images within the specified restrictions.
Single Click payments for returning customers¶
This feature allows your customers who have paid with credit card to complete their next payments with just one click. A recognizable credit card with information gathered from the customers’ previous payment is presented and allows the customer to reuse this card. Single Click payments increase conversion.
- Create a unique customer using the Customers API.
- Store the customer’s
idsafely in your database. It’s needed for performing Payments API calls for the customer.
- Specify the
customerIdparameter each time you create a payment for this customer.
- Returning customers are now shown the credit cards they have used in the past, enabling them to charge their card of choice with a single click.